Museum of Modern Art in Warsaw
Since then it has become one of the most important art institutions in Poland, hosting a series of widely commented exhibitions and cultural events.
It also conducts research on Polish art and culture, focusing on the avant-garde and neo-avant-garde tradition.
One of the tasks of the Museum is to build and publish on-line the Artists’ Archives: a presentation of private archives of the most interesting Polish artists from the second half of the 20th century until today, and a presentation of the Filmoteka, which is a collection of the most compelling art and experimental films from that period
The museum continues to develop its permanent collection, which will be presented at its final location, in the vicinity of the Palace of Culture and Science in the centre of Warsaw. Until now the Museum did not have a permanent location, and held exhibitions in temporary buildings (for example in a pavilion at the boulevard by the Vistula river).Since 2007 Joanna Mytkowska is the director of the Museum. She is an art historian and curator, and one of the co-founders of this institution.
Museum of Modern Art in Warsaw works with the Museum Council of 11 members appointed by the Minister of Culture and National Heritage for a four-year term of office. The members of the 2015-2019 Council are prof. Mirosław Bałka, dr hab. Waldemar Baraniewski, Jarosław Jóźwiak, Mariusz Knorowski, Grażyna Kulczyk, Ewa Dorota Malinowska-Grupińska, Krzysztof Nowakowski, Anda Rottenberg, Adam Szymczyk, prof. dr hab. Andrzej Turowski and Jacek Wojciechowicz.
The total budget of the Museum in 2017 amounted to PLN 12.460.000.
In 2017 the Museum had 40 full-time employees.
Each month ca. 12.000 people visit the Museum,
while its web page registers ca. 34.000 visits per month.
Warszawa Pańska 3, Poland
- Valdības/Valsts organizācija
- Artists' Archives of the Museum of Modern Art in Warsaw
- Eustachy Kossakowski Archive
- Filmoteka of the Museum of Modern Art in Warsaw
- Kowalnia Archive at the Museum of Modern Art in Warsaw
- KwieKulik Archive
- Polish Performance Archive of the Museum of Modern Art in Warsaw
- Tadeusz Rolke Archive at the Museum of Modern Art in Warsaw
- Zbigniew Libera Archive
- Szenajch, Piotr
- Anka Ptaszkowska gives the archive to the Museum of Modern Art in Warsaw, donation, 2008
- Establishing of The Archives of the Museum of Modern Art in Warsaw
- Donation of Libera's private archive to the Museum of Modern Art in Warsaw
- KwieKulik Archive acquired by Museum of Modern Art in Warsaw, 2011
- Donation of the archive to Muzeum of Modern Art in Warsaw, 2014
- Establishing of The Polish Performance Archive
- Series of panel meetings with performance artists
Museum of Modern Art in Warsaw website